Pages

12/15/14

The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies - Review (No Spoilers)



So I went to The Hobbit marathon today. Yes, my fangirling has reached the level where I'm willing to sit in a theater for nine hours straight.

First of all, seeing the first two movies on the big screen again (and for the last time) was a wonderful experience. Seeing all three on the big screen in one night? Very cool. And getting to watch the character transformations and storylines in a row, fantastic. The effects, casting, acting, setting, action... everything was good. 

Martin Freeman should win some major awards for his acting... actually everyone should. They're all incredible. I must say, I cried for most of the last fifteen or so minutes. If you've read the book, you know why. If not, please go so you can cry too.

The action and battle scenes are captivating, intense, and extremely fun to watch. We get more info about Sauron, which makes me very happy. We also get more Legolas and Tauriel, and let's be honest, who doesn't want more Elvish epicness?

There were a few moments I could have done without, and a few moments where the CGI seemed off, but other than that, I honestly couldn't ask for a better movie. I feel like braiding my hair and learning to wield a sword now. 

Rating: 9.5/10.

Once again, thank you Peter Jackson. Agorel vae. Galu.

No comments:

Post a Comment