Pages

3/3/14

I got just over half of my book edited before the contest submission period ended. That's not too bad for four days, although I would have liked to do a bit more. We cut out nearly 10,000 words already... I sure had a lot of unnecessary crap in there. I also had to completely rewrite a few very large pieces of the story, which was interesting. Now I have to work in a bunch of parts of the story that I kind of forgot to use (the characters might actually want to, you know, USE their powers?). Unfortunately, the contest closed before I could update my entry to the most recent edit, but oh well. At least it's better than it was four days ago.

Yesterday, I went to meet some people who want me to house sit for them. One of them is an author and he gave me an autographed copy of one of his books, which is very cool. I'm going to be at their house for about 10 days, so hopefully I'll be able to finish editing my book during that time.

After editing all day for four days, I am exhausted, so I'm going to go try to take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment