Pages

1/31/14

I Need A Job

I seriously need a job, my cash stash is about to disappear. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of job opportunities here. So I've been applying for live-in nanny jobs, a lot in California, a few in the Denver area. Who knows if anything will come of it, but being a live-in nanny seems like a pretty good idea. Rent and food is taken care of, the money is pretty good, and I'd get experience a place besides this teeny tiny little town. Not that I don't like this town, there just aren't many opportunities here. So hopefully I'll be able to get out there and break my pattern of hiding out in my room with my computer.

I've also had three rejection letters from various agents in the past week or so. I really don't mind rejections, as long as I actually get a response of some sort. The only time get irritated is when I get no reply whatsoever. Looks like it's time for another round of queries. *sigh* I really think I should set a limit... maybe only query for another six months and then, if nothing is happening, move on to self publishing. Yeah... that sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment