Pages

1/10/14

I Need Books

I've been absolutely horrible about reading books for a while. Part of the problem is that I just can't seem to find anything worth finishing. A lot of the newer books are pretty bad and there are so many awful sequels, it's downright depressing. The series I love to death are either completed or I'm going to have to wait until the end of this year (or longer) to get the next book.


The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. I read the first book, The 5th Wave, many months ago. The sequel doesn't come out until September 16th.













Penryn & The End of Days book 3 by Susan Ee. This one has no cover, no title and no release date. This displeases me greatly. Angelfall is one of the best apocalyptic books I've been able to find, as was it's sequel (World After) and I need the third book. Now. Last time, there was a 15 month gap between books, so odds are it will take that long for the next one to come out. Nooooooo! On the upside, Angelfall is being made into a movie.








Actually those are the only ones I can think of at the moment (my mind is full of my fanfiction, sorry). Most of the other sequels I've tried to read (Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, Monument 14: Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne, Crossed by Ally Condie, etc.) have made me so irritable, I either couldn't finish them or I had no desire to read the next one... I shall have to make a post about terrible sequels later. Unfortunately, the libraries around here are kind of slow and it takes forever to get newer books in, so I'm pretty bad about pursuing the ones on my reading list unless I desperately want to read them. I'm at the point where I'm tempted to reread Across the Universe and Angelfall and all of my other favorites until the books I want to read come out. If you have any book suggestions, please give them to me!







No comments:

Post a Comment